Pages

Sunday 9 March 2014

Cardiff Comic Con March 2014!

Another great trip to the Cardiff Comic Con commenced on Saturday the 1st of March!

We had a great day! Me and Kev got there quite early as we had Earlybird tickets, and lucky we did too as the queue was already huge by the time we got there!

We went in and had a little wander around, and when we got to the back we saw Kristian Nairn who plays Hodor in Game of Thrones :D We both wanted his autograph so I whipped out our gift tickets and we went over and met him! He is such a lovely man! He's huuuuuuuge as well! Like Massive! <3
He knew how to spell my name too - as he said his best friend at school was called Leigh - and he had a little banter with Kev about the spelling of his name hehe. He was such a nice guy and I'm glad we met him and got our photo taken with him! Makes us beasties look tiny!!




So after that we had a wander around all the stalls, and I ended up buying an original release poster for Labyrinth! It's Dutch :)



It was really cool that there were so many more people dressed up this time around. I mean there were loads last time, but it just wasn't that well advertised, so this time so many more people knew about it and really put a lot of effort into it!
I almost had a fit when I saw a girl dressed as Bayonetta! It was amazing! Her outfit was brilliant! Ended up finding her through the facebook group, so here is a photo from her page here.



So around 11 we went around to the queue that was crawling around the building and found April and Noah! We had another wander around with them and I bought a little Chewbacca keyring that growls hehehe and we bought some Heisenberg 'Special Blue' sherbert hehe :P



Here is the Batmobile and Indiana Jones props too!




Ooh here are a few other shots from the day too.




So wanted that signature. Love Carry on Screaming.
Anyway! I also bought this gorgeous Jake Gyllenhaal autograph on a Donnie Darko photo! Woohoo! :D



My second cousin Sharon is living in Cardiff now too, so she was coming along and we said we'd meet up! She also said she'd make me one of the adorable dragons that she'd been making so that was lovely! Look at him! :D <3
So we met up pretty briefly, but it'll be nice to meet up with her again :) Can tell we're related!!
She came as Dis from Lord of the Rings, and rocked the beard rather well I do believe! :P <3




And and AND! We were walking around the second time, and low and behold Matt Dixon was sat there! I recognised him and his art instantly and was so surprised!
He was at the Bristol Expo the year before but we hadn't been able to go and I already own his Girls on Top book - which he said is pretty rare now! - and so I just HAD to buy the Girls on Top 2 and he signed it for me! :D Such a fab surprise for the day <3



It was such a great day, the weather was nice for the first time this whole year, we had a fab time, and I can't wait for the next one! Would be fun to dress up one time though, felt almost left out in normal clothing! (Though if you do see in the photos, I was wearing a SKIRT OMG lol.)

Next one is in November, so bring it on!!

After we left we went to Greggs and bought some Welsh Cakes - as it was St. David's Day! - and then some fresh strawberries and went to sit in the bus station to wait for April and Noah's coach back to Swansea :) Tasty!



Then when they had to leave me and Kev popped back to get some food and then headed back to Newport and sat in Wetherspoons for an hour or two looking over our loot and chatting. I got home around 9pm I think, so all in all it was a fun and eventful day and I can't wait for more! :)
Love when we all get to spend time together, espesh at an event I guess! <3

2 comments:

  1. its insane how tiny you look! imagine what i would have looked like next to him! if we do as rocket grunts next time where have to buy a plush rattata as Noah says they always have them :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have had to stand on the table lmao :P <3
      That would be amazing! One of us should have a Rattata, then one should have a zubat, and maybe a koffing and an ekans too!

      Delete