Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Spotlight on Make Up Special FX

It dawned on me that I don't think I put these pics out there!

Last year - April to be exact! - after my redundancy I forked out a good chunk of money and went to this Special FX Make-Up course! It was only one day, and we didn't get a chance to try anything ourselves, but that was because we were getting loads of interesting stories from Darren Longthorne and the time flew by! He did Make-up in one of the later Star Wars films, done loads of films and ads and bits and bobs that just sound brilliant <3
Amazing job!

Anyway!

A lot of the photos came out badly as I wasn't really prepared, but they're good enough for me to learn and work from. So here are a few of them, enjoy the gore! <3


















I loved the above cut, especially watching it just appear in front of our eyes. Some people were even feeling a bit weird lol! Loved when he sewed it up, it looked so real and gruesome! He was annoyed he'd forgotten a real curved needle from hospitals but this was all he had. Hope the pics open bigger!








This was pretty cool too! It was really impressive yet so simple when he added the scratches! Looked so painful in real life!








The one above was painful looking once finished. Ouch. Here's the man himself with his work! Hardly took him maybe an hour for the both of these. Amazing <3






Couple of bits n bobs. Was almost me with the nail through my thumb! :C lol. Shame the girl had tiny nails so it wouldn't stay straight.




This one was awesome, it actually made me feel a bit ill!

I've decided to get some of the silicon and paints and all the stuff that this guy used - maybe for my birthday as money is so tight atm - 'cause I would really love to give this stuff a try. It would be amazing. Even if I only made myself up (and friends!) for photos it would still be fantastic!

I can't wait :) I hope it won't take long to get good lol! He made it look so easy! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment