Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Snail adventure!

I got the snail's out today to clear out their tank! :)

Unfortunately I'm still having a hard time with their temperature because this house is SO COLD - even with the fire on while we're home and with a hot water bottle against the tank and the usual heat mat underneath! - and so Leia has sealed herself up :( But I've put her separately in a small tub on the mantle-piece until the main tank warms up a bit more, and hopefully she will come out.

Luke was pretty inquisitive though and he did a good few circles of my hand before wandering off!
Here's a few photos :) I didn't want to get them wet to clean them ('cause the air was so chilly) so they're not at their prettiest I guess lol!





He then started a journey up my arm! I tried moving my cardigan sleeve away from him, but that was obviously what he was after! Had the hot water bottle on my lap too trying to keep my hand warm enough to wake Leia up...didn't work!






 



He seemed pretty happy once he got to my sleeve and sat there contently looking around and everything hehe ^_^ So cute! His trail on my sleeve looked glittery and Labyrinth-style too :D

This guy certainly has his own little personality, he's lovely :) I'll be happier once Leia gets back to normal and her little personality can shine through :)

I don't know if you can really see it in the photos (especially as they're from my phone and in bad lighting) but Leia has a thick dent/scar in her shell that looks quite nasty. Whether she was damaged when she was younger and it healed funny, or whether they were damaged in the post I don't know...I really hope it wasn't on their way to me. I already feel bad that they came through the post! But I hope it won't affect her too much growing up.

Can't wait for the warmer weather when they'll be 100 times happier :)

4 comments:

  1. I see the scar on Leia's shell. It's nothing to worry about if she's got plenty of cuttlefish to nibble XD she'll rebuild the calcium deposits in her shell so when she gets older, it will gradually get better. I can't believe how luminous white they are, they're so pretty.

    http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2012/07/10/snail-i-a317ed402a48a8fa4d1928939ea77ec92243046c-s6-c30.jpeg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so! Don't want her all deformed! (Then that one would have to be Luke with his missing hand lmao!) They are really pretty :) She woke up for a bit but she's buried again, they're really nocturnal I think that's why I'm hardly seeing her! It's annoying lol, I like seeing them but not at midnight :P

      That's amazing ^_^ I'd love to see one of those drawings in real life, they must look insane!

      Delete
  2. he's so white and pretty! looks almost like he could glow in the dark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that aswell! They look kinda tasty like white chocolate too hehe

      Delete