Pages

Thursday 6 February 2014

If you don't love yourself you've got no love to share

I thought it was probably time for a general rant seeing as I haven't had one for a while lol.

I'm currently listening to The Dangerous Summer and loving it :) Just love them! After all the bands I've obsessed over they were the first ones I committed to skin, so that's something! I just hope I get to see them live again a gazillion times :D
With AJ having a baby soon, and Cody having some kind of side project, and them getting bitched at about their Kickstarter project...I just hope they don't disappear <3
I bought one of their last signed music sheet books a few days ago when they announced they had a few sneaky ones left :) Can't wait! It's for Reach for the Sun, which is my fave album and it's gah <3 Can't wait for that to come!

I feel kind of sick of Deaf Havana lately. I know that sounds terrible, because I do love their music...
But I think it started when I had tickets to see them somewhere (can't even remember!) and I just couldn't be assed to go...I've seen them like 7 or 8 times over the last 3 years and I just don't feel the need. THEN they announced a small acoustic one off show in Bristol of all places, and so I got a ticket and again just could not be assed.
And then a little while it came out that James had cheated on Cat his girlfriend of forever, and I just lost all respect for him. I saw them as such a lovely couple, and that just ugh...and then like a day or so after he posted a photo of him and his new bitch...who is that heartless? I really can't stand looking at his fat selfish smirk any more. He has had his hair cut again which is a huge bonus 'cause he looked godawful...but still.
I know the personalities of bands shouldn't matter, because hell, I'm sure a lot of band members out there have done a lot worse! (Not to mention I have a soft spot for players like Crazy Town and Hollywood Undead lmao) But I dunno...maybe because seeing them grow into a top band made them feel like real people, like real humans just trying to make a living out of their love of music...and then they turn into assholes.
But it's not even like he's the whole band! They didn't do that!
Ugh...I don't know. I'm keeping my distance for a while any way. I'll go see them when they end up doing huge stadiums and remember the tiny club days and be happy :)

Also pre-ordered The Used's new album :D Doesn't come out until April, but I'm excited for it! The new song is amazing and gives me goosebumps all over :D As they always do!
The pre-order was mainly purchased because it comes with a pack of 5 condoms with their faces and logo on lmao! How could I not buy that?! XD They will have to go on my wall or something hehe!
Oh hey;



So what else can I rant about...

I'm currently having a period and it's making me feel like my body is being attacked. I don't know why, or how lol, but it just makes me feel so gross and unhuman! Maybe because I don't have full-on periods any more, so when I do it's so odd. And vile.
It's scary that I've been on the pill for like...gotta be 9 years? So I've had my periods messed with for 9 years...not that I miss the 3 or 4 years of heavy disgusting periods prior to this...but it's still odd isn't it.
I'd like to come off it but at the same time it's just the easiest form of contraception and not having periods is so NICE lol.

Anyway.

Other than that, life is pretty peachy I suppose!
As I say every month or so, I would like to do something more productive with my art. Currently doing a little pixel commission which is good (even if I only get £4 lol) and I have a load of WIP's to sort through too. Ugh. Why do I never finish things.

Anywho, I shall go to bed and read for a bit...Friday tomorrow! :D

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about band members doing shit putting you off. That's partly why I try not to look into their private lives lol...I don't think I would have ever liked Guns N Roses if I had because Axl is such a knob head XD it's a shame cus they were like your most fave band...But think of it this way, at least your favourite band wasn't The Lost Prophets lmao!!

    Periods such, they should make hysterectomy optional to women over 21.

    Haven't seen your art for ages, please can you post it here so I can see it? XD I hardly go to dA anymore :c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about Axl while I was writing that haha, he was a cock wasn't he...still is I imagine!
      LOL yeah that's very lucky that I didn't adore Lost Prophets! I mean they were good but...ugh *shudders* lol.

      That is true! Though, I don't know if I like the thought of menopause either...

      I know! I doubt there's much more but I probably have a few pieces I haven't put up here, I'll have a look and do a post :3

      Delete
    2. Yeah he's usually the person that comes to people's minds when they think of knobs lmao. Yeah I heard he went a bit insane, he's evolved into a creepy Elton John lookalike. Omg, I didn't realise they actually performed together: http://db2.stb.s-msn.com/i/F5/E93C57C1BB012E387448DC98648F3.jpg

      Also, look at how much of a pretty boy Axl used to be...Compared to how he looks now D:
      http://surgerystar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Axl-Rose-Facelift.jpg

      I'm still shocked by the Lost Prophets, I feel kind of bad for the other band members :<

      Lol everyone goes nuts at menopause.

      Please do, even if it doesn't seem a lot to you, there's probably stuff going back months that I haven't seen yet lmao.

      Delete
    3. I totally forgot to point out that the later pic of Axl looks like the king in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! XD

      I am so shit at replying lol

      Delete
  2. has their music changed? I heard one song on the radio and didn't recognise it was them! maybe you just need a break to obsess over something else. or your love affair could be over, in which case it's good you didn't get a tattoo!

    periods are an attack! my body does so many horrid weird things other than bleed. men assume it just a bit of blood. oh how wrong they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not toooo different, I guess it's more folky in a way, but still a safe progression that's not too off. To be fair I haven't really listened to their latest album for months, but I'm sure I'd remember it all lol. I think the songs I love of there's I will always love, so I wouldn't be too worried if I had their lyrics one me (and I might get more you never know!) but it is still off-putting him being a wank lol.

      They are! It's still on-going and not fucking off lol. Ugh. Men would have an epiphany if they knew lol, they'd treat it wayyy more cautiously :P

      Delete