Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Sketchy Characters

I had another arty day today, didn't really know what to get up to but I started with Raegan using opposite-ish colours! I used red and blue. I wanted it to look a bit more sketchy but they're kind of in between sketchy and done...like they're a mess but not a sketch-mess lol! And the scanner killed them.
Anyway so I did Rae, then thought I'd add Toby on the other side. His nose came out a bit strong and he looks like he's pouting, bless him, but it could be worse!




I thought I'd keep with the theme and then try Monroe on the next page with a yellow/orange with teal, I didn't really know what to do with her so I put her hand out so that when I added Chunexia (who fitted the colours too) she could have Jay with her :) I wanted Chun to have a skull but with Jay there she had to be kind of looking at it instead lol.



Then I did Amy, who I think looks cute, but unfortunately my scanner really killed the colours in all of these and the pink and purple were a bit too close for it to 'work' so these look off a bit. I then did Emily with Girl, and it looks so cute! ^_^ Again it was killed by the scanner, but I like it lol.



Then I thought I'd do a fun one of Dresden and Chris in green and red! I thought it would be a good chance to show off Dresden's latest tattoos (the hands are on each side of her ribs) so that was fun, although Chris has ended up coming out awful. He looks really thin whereas he is pretty buff, so that's a shame, but I don't know, it just all looks bad. His hair is really high up too...don't think it was my day for drawing guys!

 

Either way. I did them and I like this set of images :) Will have to work this way again sometime! <3

Here are some awful photos I took as I did them just so you can kind of see how the colours were nicer than these scans!





2 comments:

  1. I really love these! I cant pick a favourite, I think there all great. even though there only little drawings you really captured all their personalities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay thank you m'dear! :) I feel bad for Toby's pic looking so boring, I need to draw him more really!

      Delete