Pages

Sunday 8 September 2013

We will wait in the fog

Had a nice long weekend with my mister!
Kev came round Thursday and then after tea we made some cookie dough, which was yummy 'cause we bought Galaxy chocolate instead of basic cooking chocolate teehee :)
We made 4 and they came out lovely, but the other batches we made the next day were even nicer, alot squishier and gorgeous! Here's a photo of a few.


Gorgeous!
I'd kind of decided that Friday I wanted to go get my Proof of Immunisation form from the doctors to take down with an Occupational Health form for the job, and low and behold Thursday evening I had an email asking when I'd be bringing it down! I hate it when that happens! Like they have to remind you, but I was planning to come down!
Nevermind. So we got up Friday, had some breakfast and had a walk over to the clinic. On the way I was saying how I never get to see the goat that lives in a garden on the way, and low and behold, we stopped to see if it was there and it poked it's head out of it's little shelter and came trotting up the hill to see us! It was so adorable! I wish I'd had something to feed it, but I guess the owner probably hates that anyway lol! It had lots of flies on it, poor bugger, but it was itching them off with it's horns and that was so cute! Kev got to give it a scratch but I was trying to take a nice photo and didn't wanna touch it lol. Animals like that always sense my reserved fear lol.



After I got my form printed out (and enquired about getting the MMR I was due about 10 years ago to no avail) we jumped on the bus into town and walked up to the hospital to take my forms in!


The Gromit Headquarters is right by the hospital so we went up so I could get another Gromit and yay they had Feathers McGraw in there! <3 Was well chuffed with that!



After that we walked up to Bristol Museum 'cause Kev didn't think he'd been since he was kid, and we had a wander around. It didn't seem as thrilling as it had when I was young, and I swear they've taken away loads of things, I couldn't find the Gorilla or the African dog anywhere! But they had lots of nice stuffed animals everywhere and some really nice crystals and bones. I took a few photos on my phone but they're rushed and awful lol.









(That was a Giant Deer and had to be 7-8ft tall, amazing! <3)
It's a shame they haven't done a big exhibition in the last couple of years. The Banksy exhibition was amazing, and the Art From the New World exhibition was amazing too! I loved they, and they brought in some big crowds, so why not?! Maybe it costs them to get things in...but it was really worth doing, it got people going in there and visiting the rest of the museum all summer long!
Maybe I'll put up my photos from these shows another time.

Anyway, so we went home after a little sit down and a nibble. I had a disaster of an evening where making tea (and more cookies at the same time) went wrong and then I smashed a pint glass into smithereens! But it could have been worse. We watched Return of the Jedi so I've finally watched the first trilogy! Now to try and get a hold of episodes 1-3!

We've also been watching a lot of Catfish:The TV Series, it's really interested! I don't understand how people can be so spiteful as to use fake photos and things...it seems so odd. But the one with the transgender guy was pretty cute, they ended up more in love than before and that's so lovely to see! Usually everyone's angry as hell! Still need to see the original documentary film but nevermind.

Had a lazy day yesterday and then made a nice Spag Bol with garlic bread, yum yum!
Then today we got up, chilled for a bit, had a nice Sunday roast and watched more Catfish before we went to the train station for Kev to go home :) Nice time!
Hopefully we can go down to Swansea soon but there's lots to wait on, Kev's meeting, my start date, Noah's work days, ah! But it'll be fine anyway, we'll make it eventually :P

2 comments:

  1. i wish they'd do another big exhibition too but i still love going there to see all the stuffed animals. i think i remember them saying last time we went that alot of them have been stored away because they were getting eaten by mothes. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is nice to just see the animals :) Seems like they have loads more now! Just more foresty animals. That's a shame they were getting munched on :C I loved that African dog! Gunna have to go to London Zoo and see the real ones :D That's a trip we really need to do one day! <3

      Delete