Pages

Sunday 29 December 2013

2013 and 2014

So I've seen a few reflection posts and thought I should have a little gander back at the last year!

2013 started off well!

I had just been made redundant from my job that I loved, but I was optimistic for the new year and not perturbed by the lack of job or money!
I spent New Years at Ben's place up in Denbigh and went to a house party at his friend Dan's house, who has a lovely girlfriend Rachael aswell! They are now my friends on Facebook and it's nice to see they got engaged on their anniversary this year! <3

The 2nd of January I travelled from Denbigh down to Birmingham for our Fatboy tattoo day! Me Noah and April went to Caesar at Body Garden Tattoo to get a tattoo each and it was really nice being the only people in there the whole day. I felt totally out of it from all the travelling but it was a good experience! The tattoo was agony on the inside of my arm and it was badly bruised for a week or two afterwards which kept it extremely tender, but I'm so in love with it I couldn't care less! :)

I also started talking to Kevyn  just before Christmas 2012, and I can remember sending him a photo of the fresh tattoo from the hotel. We met up for the first time on the 21st January - which has now become our anniversary! - and we just clicked instantly. I'm so happy we met and I can't imagine how this year would have gone without him in my life <3 I've seen him pretty much every single week since we met and I don't think either of us find the time together quite long enough!

We both love going places when possible and finding geeky things to get into, so it's lovely to finally have that in somebody. :)
It's so amazing and eye-opening to fall in love with someone that falls in love with you back, I could never have even imagined feeling this way before, finding someone that can be a best friend and a boyfriend and just a great companion. That's enough of the sickly speak, and he knows it all already, but I can't wait to have our own little family life and everything exciting like that!


As well in 2013 - after many failed interviews and awful 'help' from the Job Centre - I managed to get a job! I started at the beginning of October - so coming up to 3 months there now - and I work as a receptionist and clinic prep assistant for the Sleep Unit at the central Hospital. I couldn't have believed I would enjoy working so closely with the public, but I really love it, getting to chat to interesting characters every now and again and helping people. There's always going to be grumpy so-and-so's, but that doesn't bother me so much.
They haven't had a permanent member of staff for atleast a year, and already people have left and I seem to be the senior staff member doing what I'm doing! :\ Very odd! But it's interesting work.

Towards the beginning of the year I also sold a good few Commissions, which I am so greatful for! I always find it so humbling that people would want to buy my art. Of course I would love to sell more, but any commission is welcome these days! The aforementioned Rachael also commissioned me to draw her and Dan as an anniversary present, which was such an honour! <3

I can't think of many other exciting things that have happened this year. Every gig and event that I or we have been to have been brilliant, and I can't wait for more! We went to our first Comic-Con in August and that was fantastic. I was really skint, so I didn't have much to spend, but they are holding another in March and I am hoping to go and spend more money!


Now for 2014.


I am really looking forward to this coming year.

Not only will it hold many adventures for me and my man, but hopefully it will bring us even closer together, as only a budding relationship can! Can't wait <3 Also more Fatboy adventures too!


I also intend to get back into reading more. This year has been so disorganised that I really need to get back in to a routine, and reading is one of the important routines! I want to give myself a target on Goodreads for 2014, but I think I will aim rather low, around 20, because if I put the average 50 that everyone puts, that means one book per week, which when you read thick novels and only get an hour or so to read each day that's nearly impossible! So I will start low, and hopefully kick that targets ass!

I would also like to create more art this year. Commissions would be more than amazing - and I need to promote myself more this year definitely - but I really do need to create more art for myself. I'm fed up of all my favourite pieces of art being fan-art for contests, or characters that aren't mine. I need to fulfil my potential and draw what I want to draw for me.





I'm also hoping I can get another tattoo or more this year. I'm really wanting more ink in my skin! So many little ideas to bring to fruition. :)

I'm not sure what else I would wish from 2014. I think continued happiness is more than enough, and I wish you all the same! :)

3 comments:

  1. maybe now you understand mine and Noah’s incredibly close relationship better now you have one of your own :P I’ve noticed you don’t get frustrated by our behaviour like you used too. I'm glad you've found someone and things are working out so well <3
    yes more adventures! you still need to take a look at my list by the way :P more tattoos too! maybe we can plan another trip where we all get something done (kev too if he likes) and we need to get our fatboy tattoo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yeah no matter how hard i tried i couldn't get my head around it :P there's still a few things that baffle me, but that's either my personality or it'll come with time lmao!

      Yesss, I do! I read your list but forgot completely lol, lemme get on there tonight :3 we should definitely have another tattoo day, though i'm still not sure what to have! Other than the stuff i still can't quite decide on lol ><'

      Delete
    2. lol like what things? just wait til you and kev start living together, then your get even stranger habits.

      maybe we can do one where we go to Cardiff, that way it will be easier to fit in the dogs. if we set a date then your be forced to decide on something :P that seemed to work last time.

      Delete