Pages

Monday 24 June 2013

30 Day Challenge 1 * Day 2 *

30 Day Challenge 1
Day 2
Talk about your piercings and/or tattoos, if you have any.

Uh, ok then, let's go!
I had my ears pierced when I was about 6 I think, and I was a pain in the ass with the healing process. I wouldn't let my mum clean them and so one side got infected. Apparently it swelled up so much that the stud was actually half inside my ear *barf* ...so one night, when I was asleep, my mum and Grandma snuck into my room, and while my Grandma held me down, my mum had to yank it out of my ear and squeeze the puss out! Lmao! I can't believe I didn't wake up, but that's something you'd remember surely lol!
After that I had one earring for a few months, which was weird considering I have a boyish name too lol...but after a while, it fell out while I was playing with my friend and we just never put anything back in.

Anyway, I didn't bother with piercings after that until I was about 12 when I decided I wanted my lip pierced. As usual I was too wimpy to ever get it done and still haven't! But when I was 15 I got my left nostril pierced at Download Festival <3 I loved it, it didn't hurt, just felt warm, and it healed sooooo easily! Only downfall, being the wimp that I am, when it fell out (because it was healed so well) I was too scared to put it back in! So after a month maybe 2 it was gone.

I got my right nostril pierced for my 16th birthday (which hurt SO MUCH MORE than my left nostril did! Due to it being a tapering nose stud omg :C) and a couple months after I got my ears pierced again (going in to Claire's all gothed up lol). I changed my nose stud over to a ring when I was 17 and I loooove it, can't imagine ever getting rid of it! I had a cartilage piercing about halfway up my right ear after that, and stupidly I felt it was healing perfectly fine and changed the stud over to a ring...realised that was a bad idea pretty quickly when the cartilage started growing out the back! So I changed it back to a bar but it was getting horrible so I took it out. Alas! I never learn! Oh and I started stretching my left lobe around this time too.


When I was 18 I got my first tattoo! The Taurus symbol on the back of my neck! Took about 5-10 minutes and it didn't really hurt bad at all, so that was good! I got my right nipple pierced later in the year which went horribly. I could tell the morning after that it had already started migrating, and it just never got better. It just would not heal. It didn't help that I probably had bras that were too small, and I didn't let it air enough, BUT, it was done with a much too small ring.

I got my second tattoo in the April of 2008 of a pumpkin with a heart carved out of it with blood and vines etc, and I had my baby pussy cat's name with it on my ankle. :) About a month or two after the nipple ring grew right out through my nipple! Eek! That was scary but relieving at the same time. Then later in the year I got my Madonna done, which hurt the most out of all my piercings! But I love it, as soon as the guy put the dot on my lip and asked if it was ok I knew I'd love it <3 Then in the November I got my 3rd tattoo of a black and grey book on my left wrist with the pages flying out of it around my forearm.


Had a bit of a lull in body mods after that, other than stretching both of my lobes up to 14mm.
Then on Friday 13th April 2012 I went and got my VCH piercing! That was such a surreal but brilliant experience. I was terrified but I'd booked a half day from work, and went up, shaking like mad. The receptionist and the piercer made me feel really relaxed and he told me 'by the time you can call me a bastard the pain will be over with' and that was exactly it! It was very odd but exhilarating. But most importantly, it healed within a week or two and I haven't had any trouble with it at all! Other than the bar being too long but I'm too scared to change it lol.

Then in the July I had my 4th tattoo of a red umbrella on my right wrist! I guess it felt like it would be a bit of protection from the metaphorical rain of the time, because I'd lost my job, my cat, my Grandma and got ditched all in the space of a few months. I guess it's helped a bit!


So, lastly, for the New Year of 2013 me, Apple and Noah went to Birmingham to get tattoos! I got my 5th tattoo, on the inside of my right arm, which is a paintbrush with a scroll that has the lyrics 'I'm a paintbrush in a way, I'm just an artist on a shelf' which is a shortened section from The Dangerous Summer's 'A Space to Grow' :) Not my favourite song but the lyric from that band that I most relate too lol. That was such a painful experience! I was led down for it, and even though it only took about 45mins to an hour, it hurt so bad! Every time the needle touched my arm, my hand went freezing cold and tingly. I think the pressure of where my arm was leaning was really bad. And with such sensitive skin there it was just...oww lol. The underside of my whole arm was bruised for a couple of weeks and that was the most painful part because I could hardly lean my arm anywhere!
BUT, it's healed nicely and I love it! :)

So yeah! That's me up to date! I'm planning to go get my second lobes pierced soon but so much has been going on that it hasn't happened yet. I'll drag Kev to Blue Banana soon and get them done :)

Tattoos are always in the planning too, but for now I need to save money lol.

Here are some of my mod photos!







1 comment:

  1. hopefully our tattoo trip at the end of this year happens and that will be another one for your collection :)

    ReplyDelete