Pages

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Perran Sands! Holiday 2014 x Image Heavy x

So me and the mister went down to Cornwall for a little break this past week :) It was lovely! It was a Sun Holiday so it was pretty cheep and it'll mean we get early dibs on holidays next year so I can't wait to book more! Hopefully a Fatboy holiday are on the cards!

I guess I'll put the photos under a page break because I think there's about 160-170 that came out ok lol.

Enjoy!

So, Monday lunchtime we headed to the bus station to begin our 5 hour National Express journey! It was already pretty heaving when we got on so we had to sit separately which was annoying, but at least we got aisle seats next to each other :)
Kev watched stuff on his phone and had a dose and I listened to music and had a little chat with the woman next to me.

When we finally got to Plymouth it felt like we'd been travelling forever lol. We had a 45min break so we had a little wander outside just to get our muscles moving. This sign made us chuckle more than once lol.


When we finally got into Newquay around half 6ish we got a taxi from the Bus Station to Perran Sands! It was less money than I was expecting so that was a bonus. It cheered us up to finally get there. The reception was right in the middle of everything so you could see all the entertainment complex and shops etc. which was exciting! Even more exciting was that we had been upgraded to a challet! Not really sure how that happened! It was great, but I was quite looking forward to a caravan lol. Anywho, we got a little lost finding, but when we finally did it was lovely! :)


I look like a Beatle in this photo lol.



This was the view from our bedroom window, very pretty :)



Aww :)

We popped down to the Spar and bought the essential bread/milk etc and then had a little sit down and a cuppa, got a takeaway for tea and had a look through the entertainment booklet. That night was Fun Stars: Rock Stars Reloaded or something along those lines...so we thought we'd head down to the main complex to give it a try...oh my god lol. I wish I had taken photos of them, it sucks that I didn't!

It was amazingly bad. It was two guys and two girls (all of them into guys I'm sure hehe) and they were ROCK STARS...totally! The girls had little black tutus and high red socks, with big hair and the guys had their skinny jeans and they all had fake bulletproof vests and were throwing the horns every 10 seconds lol! So hilarious I could hardly watch as they performed awful choreography to old rock tracks from Foreigner and Bon Jovi etc. Lol. What a job to have XD

That was a mental way to break our holiday in lol. So anyway we took a stroll back to our challet about 11ish and watched some tv for an hour or two then hit the sack for the next day.

The weather wasn't meant to be great on my birthday so we decided to do Newquay Zoo Tuesday so that the weather would stay fine :) Luckily it was on our side! We walked down to where the bus stopped at the camp site and got the bus straight to the zoo! :)


My Zoo photo was awful so no. I looked a fucking state what the hell lol.




He had such a serious and cute little face!



This guy oh my god. I must have taken 30 photos trying to get a photo of this lil guys chest! He just wouldn't stay still! Beautiful :)





He's a dude! Check him out with his two bitches!


Sleepy giant bunny! ^_^










The goats were so lovely! They tried to eat Kev's trousers, but they were lovely lol. They felt really solid and wirey but soft at the same time! Bless 'em <3















The peacock! He was beautiful!! Every time a crow landed he'd put up his feathers and shake them at them viciously! It was really impressive, the way he just vibrated all over. Lovely :) I kept following him all afternoon to see if he'd drop a feather but alas he didn't! Tried to get a few arty shots but meh lol.




RED PANDAS! Oh my, they were so gorgeous! We went back 4 or 5 times just so I could get photos of them, they kept coming down then hiding in the tree again lol. Bless em, they really are a stunning animal <3 I adore them.










Look at that FACE! ^__^ That was a lucky shot 'cause the rest came out as ridiculous blurs, but he looks so adorable and happy :)




Beautiful red babies :)

So we left the zoo around 3:30/4:00 and got a bus back to Perran Sands really quickly which was nice :) We sat down by the shops and restaurants (and by the amazing massive deck chair below!!) and then got a nice fat pizza deal from Papa John's to take back to the challet :)


We decided we'd go down for the bingo later in the evening but when we left the sun was setting so nicely so we had a wander through the caravans to find the cliff that led down to the beach :) It was so relaxing just watch the waves, the sun setting, the grass blowing in the wind. Lovely :)









I think we went to play in the arcades after this...we spent so much money in there lol, it's so addictive!  Wish I'd have taken photos of the place...all those bright colours and exciting prizes that you next to never win lol.

So the next morning the plan was to head into Perranporth and then after a wander head into Porthtowan!


As you can see, it was raining most of the morning lol.

It was nice Perranporth though, the beach was nice with loads of dogs having a run around and enjoying themselves in the drizzle. I enjoyed the walk down the beach, but it was too dismal to bother taking my shoes and socks off lol, too cold and we weren't really staying for long!











Goonies moment!

I tried to tell him not to drink the water but he was too excited lol.







Beautiful waves!

So when we came off the beach we headed for the shops and got a proper Cornish Pasty mmmm! :) Surprised I didn't take a photo of it!! Then we headed to a little gift shop so I could buy some delicious fudge to bring home (and eat ourselves lol).

We went along to the bus stop that we'd got off at, and although it mentioned the bus that we wanted for Porthtowan when I looked it up online (with 3G! It was near impossible to get signal or 3G where we were staying!) the bus had been cancelled last year! So there would only be a really expensive double-bus journey trying to get there...so we left it.

It was a shame because I loved staying in Porthtowan when I was young and I'd love to go back. When we went there when I was about 14/15 I can remember sitting on a bench outside our caravan staring out over the cliffs in the hammering down rain with a large umbrella and a cup of tea. Ended up out there for about 4 hours, it's the most relaxing moment of my entire life. Maybe it was because I had popped my knee-cap in the sea and I was generally in a foul mood...but it really was lovely out there. Shame not to go back, but I WILL go again one day! Not like there's a lot there to see except another gorgeous Cornish beach and a surfer bar lol.

So we headed up the hill and waited for the bus back to Perran Sands :)




What do I look like...

Oh yeah! So this little guy was on the grass when we were leaving Perran Sands for Perranporth, but we were rushing for the bus so I didn't have time to stop and take a photo! Then a few hours later on the way back he was there still! :D So I got him <3 lol.

Anyway we seem to have a gap here.

After we got back from Perranporth I have a feeling we had a nap in the challet!! Lazy bums lol. We went to the Spar and bought some Southern Fried Chicken and some microwave chips, and a frozen cheesecake for dessert! We cooked our food and had a nice munch before heading down to the amusements again in the evening. We went into the Live Lounge and watched a mad game going on and then there was a comedian on at 10! He was actually pretty good, not half as bad as I was expecting, and everyone had a good night :) We walked back to the challet staring at the stars and watched a few things on TV before heading to bed.

So. Thursday. My Birthday!

I woke up around 6am with a really bad stomach and going to the bathroom every 20mins! :C On my birthday! About half 8 I decided to get up 'cause it was just pointless disturbing Kev every 20 minutes (even though he sleeps through everything lol <3).
So I got up, put the news on and just led on the sofa for about an hour, slowly feeling a bit better and wondering what the hell had made me ill like that!

Kev got up about half 9 and came out with an arm full of prezzies and cards for me which was lovely! :) I sat and opened them and was all chuffed and I was feeling a bit better by this point.

The plan for my birthday was to go out for Breakfast, so once I was feeling steady enough to go out we headed down to the Surf Bar and got breakfast! :) Alfie the campervan was gorgeous hehe <3


E.T. follows me everywhere I go...

Love these tables and stools, I'd love them in my garden :)


So we got back and I set out all my cards and prezzies for a photoshoot lol and we watched the first Family Guy Star Wars episode and chilled out for a little while :)

Then we headed down to Crazy Golf!! <3 We had been intending to go swimming as well but I just didn't feel up to it :C
But the Crazy Golf was really fun! We were pretty crap, but I think I beat Kev, so that's good ;D haha. We had a load of trouble on the last hole, I think I was about 12 over par? Lol, but it was cool. The action shot of me is pretty horrendous...but I was ill. Don't judge lmao.







Oh and we played this too, draw!



After we played we got an ice lolly each from the Spar and sat in the sunshine with the little bird above! So adorable! :)

A little later we decided to make our way down to the beach. The weather was really lovely and it was a really nice walk along the path!




Look at the colours <3

We found LOADS of Cuttlefish bone! So I kept a load of it to give to the snails :) That'll keep them going for over a year I reckon!

We made our way to a rock and took our shoes and socks off and wandered down to the sea for a nice paddle :)






Look at that horrid walk back lol.

Oh, I misjudged the water as the tide changed while we were in there lol...


Does that look like teeth marks? Those look like teeth marks to me...










Aww he's so lovely :) <3



This was the last shot I could take before the walk killed us. Honestly...getting to the top of this photo was piss-easy compared to the rest...it was just a constant uphill struggle literally and you know when your lungs hurt to breathe where you're so worn out? Oh my god lol. Ouch.

So we got back to the chalet and chilled out for a bit, before heading down to the Surf Bar again for my Birthday tea :) We had been eyeing up the burger below most of the week so we HAD to have it lol. I liked the random hares on the pillars too :)




This was on the wall of out lil booth :)



Mmmmmmm <3

I had to get inside Alfie before we left! <3


We had a lovely meal and then we left and headed for the amusements again - as the 'surprise guest' in the live lounge was an awful singer - so we traded in all our tickets for some tat and gave the rest to a family 'cause we're lovely :)

Then on the way back we walked to the cliffs again and stared up at the stars for ages, it was amazing, so many stars to see without the glare of city lights! We saw the Big Dipper and possibly Mars! :) It was beautiful, especially with the soothing constant sound of crashing waves :)

Alas, when we woke up it was our last day! :C So we had a tidy round, had a clean up and packed up our things to be out by 10. We left a bit earlier than that and headed for the bus stop back to Newquay! :(


Managed to get this from the bus window on our way out!

So we got in to Newquay and it was windy and smelly with roadworks and we had our big lumpy bags and so I wasn't too happy lol, but we found a bench, got a pasty each and I felt better :)



There was a little bird that kept bouncing around us, so Kev went to drop a bit of crust for it but it flew up and took it from his hand!! It was amazing! It then flew off - must have gone back to a nest - and it did it again!! We did it a few more times before we finished our pasties and then it disappeared (aww). We decided to go get an ice cream too 'cause we hadn't had a proper one all week! Tasty :)



We sat in a pub for a little bit and then we headed up the little slope towards the Bus Station!


We had to wait at the Bus Station for quite a while, but we'd popped in Poundland to get some goodies for the trip home and we were all set :)
About 5mins before the coach was due we headed over to the right stop, and a bird royally shat on us! It went everywhere!! Luckily not on our heads, but it was all down my front, my bag, Kev's back and trousers and ugh...it got us good! The bastard!! I was trying my best to mop it up when the coach arrived, so we had to abandon hope and just get on lmao.

The journey home wasn't bad, we got to sit next to each other and listen to music and snuggle and generally be happy, and then when we had to change in Plymouth - after a disgusting public loo trip - we got to sit next to each other again :) all the way home, aww :P

So all in all, it was a lovely holiday! A nice break away from work and crap like that. I thoroughly recommend it lol! <3 I wish I hadn't been ill for my birthday, but at least I wasn't too bad for most of it, and I got to enjoy it with my man :)

Can't wait to do it all over again some time! <3

We got back to Bristol around 8:15 and my mum luckily picked us up from the Station :) <3 Got home to a lovely Birthday cake too! (The same one we get each year, from Marks and Spencers 'cause it's LUSH) So that was awesome ^__^


Happy holidaying everyone! <3

1 comment:

  1. these photos make me want to go to the beach straight away! shame it's stormy here today. did you get round to doing any swimming or was it to cold?

    ReplyDelete