Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

London Trip with Cornetto Trilogy and St James' Park! x

Finally getting around to putting these photos up! Quite Image heavy so y'know...

Me and Kev went to London on Sunday 24th Nov for a screening of the Cornetto Trilogy in a lovely little cinema off of Leicester Square called Prince Charles Cinema with a following Q&A with Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright! Eek! :D

We left home about 8 in the morning and walked up to Broomhill to get the bus in to town. We went into Wetherspoons and had a lovely fat breakfast to keep us going! :D The Megabus was around half 10 so we have plenty of time, and had a bit of a nap on the way up to London I'm sure!

When we got into London we walked over to Victoria underground and after what felt like hours managed to get our tickets for the two days! Then we got the tube to Waterloo where our hotel was :)

I was quite surprised to find that you can see the big Wheel from there and The Old Vic is there too! I never really knew where those things were! And there was a play on in the theatre that had Vanessa Redgrave and James Earl Jones in! How cool!
Anyway we settled our stuff into the room and then headed back out to the tube station!

This little guy was in the park across from our hotel!


We headed to Leicester Square on the train and headed to the cinema which was so cute! It's got loads of old style movie posters outside and they show loads of amazing screenings of old films and marathons and everything...gah, if only we were closer to it!








My Kev rolling a fag outside lol!

This Charlie Chapin was across from the Cinema! So cool!

We were probably among the first people there so we went off to grab a burger in Leicester Square before it started!


The Odeon where all the big film premiers are I think!

These dudes were being naughty, but how cute hehe!

So anyway...we got in there, and the cinema screen rooms are lovely! The chairs slope upwards towards the screen, which I thought was really odd, but it worked really nicely! We were in the back row which was good really, easy to get out between films for a wee and a Cornetto!
So Edgar Wright came out to introduce each movie and tell us the IMDb tags which were hilarious, and told us a little about each film. I tried to get photos of the evening but it really didn't work on my shitty little camera!
After the three films Edgar Wright came back out with Simon Pegg and they did a Q&A for an hour which was amazing! Was so great to be in the same room with 300 huge fans and those two amazing guys! Obviously I would have loved Nick Frost to have been there (though I might have fainted or something lol) but alas, can't have everything!













It was really great, I'm so glad we went and I'm so glad I had someone to share it with! <3 Not a trip to London on my own again!


Saw these guys in the Chinese by the cinema, so cute!

Lights in the tree across from The Old Vic!

I was SO looking forward to a shower once I got back to the hotel, and so I left Kev with the TV remote and went for a nice relaxing shower...but no...I forgot...London has SHIT water! It was like standing under a dripping gutter pipe lol. Annoying! But atleast I was clean lol.

I don't think either of us slept very well from what I can remember, but it was nice being away somewhere together :) We got up early enough to go down for breakfast and had a nice fat buffet full English, yum! Though Kev wasn't quite awake enough lol;

I told him to get ready and he went back to sleep with his phone in his hand! :P Silly billy! <3

Anyway, we left and headed towards the station again for a nice day of wandering!

Cute wooden chairs in the park! We couldn't figure out how to get in lol. I like the mini ones :3
 

 
 The Elephant in Waterloo Station! It was impossible to get to though! Best I could do.
 
Yay I got an escalator photo hehehe :D

I wanted to go to St. James' Park to see the Pelicans but it turned out as a trip that lasted a good few hours! It was so nice there, I loved it! And so did Kev :) He loves parks as much as I do hehe. We walked around taking our time which was nice, and it was amazing how many birds were there that came right up to everyone!! I just WISH I had taken some bread or something! Couldn't buy it anywhere nearby! (I knew I should have pinched some muffins from the buffet at breakfast!)
Anyway...here's some of the pics I got, it was so nice, and my camera is so crap, so not that fab, but nice memories all the same :)









Took a detour over to Buckingham Palace but it wasn't that exciting so we went back lol.



Creepy!
This is such a fancy photo and view! <3




 Kept these beauties, though they are crisp and brown now :C


Aww we always look so ill in photos together lmao! Though at this size my skin looks so pure like a photoshopped image LOL what happened there!

 Eerie fuckers <3
 Wise old Heron!






Amazing crooked tree with a crutch! lol


 Pelicans!

It was so lovely there, we didn't want to leave! But alas, we were dying for a wee, so we had to go!
We headed towards the Natural History Museum :) I think we'd lost interest once we'd got there though, our feet were aching too much by that point! But we had a nice time, and saw some fun things hehe.




Had to take a photo of this smug dude...I think I took a photo of it last time I was there too!


Way too immature not to take a photo of this...






This odd thing down in the subway was interesting lol.

After we left there we headed back towards Victoria and got some food in the Wetherspoons there and then headed to the Coach Station.


Love the creepy Megabus man lol.

He looked so comfy!

Kev fell asleep by the time we left the station lol, though he was rudely awoken by our really Welsh driver over the mic telling us to look left at Harrod's Christmas window displays! Which were awesome by the way. Looked like a huge long train carriage, amazing!
I slept most of the way home too, which was nice, and we made it back to Bristol around 7pm.

All in all it was a great two days with my man in London! Loves it! :D <3

1 comment:

  1. that park looks lovely! me and mum spent hours walking through Victoria park which was beautiful, they even had chickens in one part :)

    ReplyDelete