Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

I felt the burn from every inch of my heart, but it's worth it to never feel alone

Went to see The Dangerous Summer last night! :D

Me and Kev spent Monday night watching Constantine and finishing watching Gavin and Stacey. Then Tuesday we got up late, had some cheese on toast and eventually made our way to the train station. We got into Cardiff around 4 and then we had a bit of a wander. We walked up to the venue first but the band were stood outside and I just couldn't get any closer (especially in a TDS t-shirt), it was too intimidating lol! So we walked back into town and headed to KFC.
Had a nice load of chicken (until it dawned on me that Kev was sucking on a vertebrae and that freaked me out) and then we took a slow stroll through town and stopped at the park.
It was a bit odd 'cause there were about 5 really seedy looking guys walking around the park in some kind of orderly fashion and it was quite unnerving even if we were chuckling about it.


We headed back to the venue about half 6 or 7, and still there were no fans outside, which had me panicking we were in the wrong place or something, and then finally another couple showed up.
It's pretty scary when the band you're advertising on your chest, and love to death, are standing right next to you by a small doorway and being proper Cardiff tourists about the Castle and everything lol!
Kev kept laughing at me for being so nervous and freaking out lol.


Anyway, we got inside and we found a table with high stools right to the left of the stage, so we sat there while a slow trickle of people came through the doors. Cody from TDS was stood at the merch stand so after a good talking to by Kev I went over and bought their new album - seeing as I bought the vinyl/itunes set - and asked him to sign it :)

There was a broken drumstick right where we were sat too so I snuck it into Kev's bag. Not sure which drummer broke it, but either way all the bands were good :) There was a band from Bridgend called Caesar's Rome (I think) and then a Brighton band called Verses who were really good too.

Then when The Dangerous Summer came on there were alot of people singing along and dancing about and I just couldn't handle just sitting there so me and Kev went and stood in the gap near the front that was annoying me lol. It was so nice that there were people who knew them and they were there to see them and gah, the atmosphere was lovely. I mean, I reckon there was about 60 people in the whole place and there were only 2 or 3 rows of people at the front going mad, but it was great <3
I do hope my awful singing face doesn't turn up in their videos or photos seeing as there was a guy with a camera right behind them and I could constantly see the lens lol!

I was really chuffed with the setlist, they played Of Confidence which was one of my faves from their old EP, and they played a couple of new ones, and just a really great mix! I gotta say I was a bit emotional about being able to see them with my man, so I wasn't altogether there with the lyrics, but mostly I was there lol! <3 At the end of Work in Progress - their last song - AJ came into the crowd with the mic while we screamed out the ending then threw it down and walked over to the merch table. Very snazzy ending!
So we went over afterwards and I asked AJ to sign the CD I'd bought, and I asked for a photo with him. And although I was imming and amming about showing him my tattoo, I decided to do it and he loved it! :D He took a photo of it on his phone too! That's so amazing, I was buzzing after, my knees were shaking lol!
I was gunna try and get the other guys to sign my CD too, but the drummer Ben was getting photos with people and chatting and it was too awkward without having a pen ready lol, and I feel awful but I really couldn't recognise the other guitarist (I think is called Matt) anywhere! Even though I'd just been watching them! Awful...but it was a great night, so I thought I'd leave it at that :)

We took a slow walk back to the station in the pissing down rain and stopped to get a quick drink then went into the train station. Our train wasn't until nearly half 11, and then we were on our way. Kev got off in Newport and grabbed a taxi home, and I finally made it back into Bristol about half 12 and grabbed a taxi home too.

Brilliant night! I can't wait til they're back over here again <3
Here's the few photos I got :)












No comments:

Post a Comment