Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

Download 2013

I got back from Download Festival on Monday so here are a few photos!

I'd done my back in the weekend before and I think I was getting hormonal so I really wasn't in the mood for standing around all day and walking miles and miles...but having said that, looking back on it I enjoyed it! I'm like that with rollercoasters, hate them while I'm on them, love it when I get off lol.

I think the bands got me through it 'cause I got to see a few favourites of mine!
So here we go;



Papa Roach
They were good playing their songs, especially the old ones from the Last Resort time period, but I was shocked at how 'black' Jacoby sounded lol, weird. I guess I hadn't paid much attention the other times I've seen them.



Korn
Korn were fun to watch actually! Shame I couldn't get any great photos, but atleast you can kind of see Jonathan and his microphone stand! And Head was back with them, so that was awesome! Though I really had no idea that David Silveria had left. Shame really, he was cool.
















Slipknot
Aww man, fourth time seeing these guys and they were amazing as always! Loved it! <3 I ended up watching them alone because no one would go down into the crowd, but it was so much fun. They played Duality for Paul Grey and that was amazing. So friggin' good! I think they must have had a bass player behind the set, which I can understand, not wanting to bring someone in to fuel rumours that they've replaced Paul, but it was odd aswell. They didn't have his mask or suit out which was also odd. I guess it saved their and our emotions lol. Fab set.




Ryan, Ben and Sean.

Young Guns
I've been wanting to see Young Guns for a couple years now, and twice I've had a chance to see them and something's happened to stop me going...so I was really looking forward to it. But being outside on a windy day is really hard on such a big stage and they really didn't sound great. If they play in Bristol one day I'll go, but I'm not too concerned anymore. Shame really, but still like them :)

Mastadon
These guys were ok, but mainly repetitive by the end. BUT...that artwork is by a guy that was at the Art from the New World exhibition they had up at Bristol Museum a couple years back. I'm not sure I took down the artist's name but I loved their stuff. So that's quite cool.



Parkway Drive
I'm not always into really screamy bands but I recognised a few songs of theirs. They were pretty good live, but again I really hate being far away for bands so it feels like a spectator sport at a festival rather than an actual 'gig'.


Lit
Aww it was so cool to see Lit! I wasn't in that great a mood 'cause my back was killing, and I'd only just taken some Paracetamol, but they were good fun! I loved all the old songs from back in the day, and they seemed really chuffed to be playing Download!







Stone Sour
It was fun to see these guys a little close up than the other times I'd seen them! Gotta love Corey. I was a little sad that they didn't play much from their first album, but as always I need to come to terms that bands like to move on even if I don't...pfft. They should have played Inhale atleast.










A Day to Remember
Yay! It was so fun to see these guys again! I can't wait to go see them in February <3 Gotta book tickets! They were a laugh, their songs are so catchy and danceable and I loves them! They had large beach balls being thrown around the crowd, and they tried to get loads of people doing two-tiered crowd surfing! Which was mad lol. (Next to some you see!)











Limp Bizkit
Awwww yeah! Wanted to see these guys for years, it was amazing! It seemed a bit subdued on their part; they really weren't expecting a crowd at all considering Rammstein were tearing up the main stage...but we pulled it out the bag! The crowd was going ape-shit for them and I really don't think they believed it lol. Loved it. Fred Durst didn't look like he'd tried very hard lmao, but Wes looked awesome as always! Wish the photos would have come out better! Best way to end my Download.









Rammstein
When Limp Bizkit finished I tried to get a few photos of Rammstein playing main stage but as you can see I couldn't get much of a good shot lol. I'm sure they were awesome though. I only really walked through to the RIP area to get a drink and a sit down 'cause I was shattered...but at least I saw a few fireworks and fireballs! Fun times!



Here's my Rest in Peace Download wristband! Glittery! :3

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had emergency on speed-dial for Jonathan Davies lol.

    Also, aren't Papa Roach like some sort of hip-hop band now?

    Did you see Clar and Dean there at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao, luckily didn't need it, he played that song first so he slowly recovered over the set :P
      I have no idea, I wouldn't be surprised, all I know is he started tarting himself up with make up and fashionable clothing and ugh...

      No! I need to find out what she got up to really, see who she saw! :D

      Delete
  2. I just say.. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

    ReplyDelete